Balian is a tribute to the Balinese legend that sacred Mount Agung was created from a fragment of Mount Meru, the spiritual axis of the universe.
Balian originates from Mount Agung, the island’s highest volcano (3142 m), in the north east of Bali in the Karangasem regency. The water is sourced and bottled directly on the slope of sacred Mount Agung in a natural protected environment. Acting as a barrier to oceans winds, Mount Agung captures rain on its southern slope, creating a natural impluvium where rain water is collected. The water slowly filters over the years through protected layers of volcanic rocks and sands to naturally enrich itself with essential minerals to create Balian’s unique composition and soft taste. Following its journey underground, Balian water naturally emerges as a free-flowing spring where it is collected and bottled without tapping the aquifer or harming the eco-system. Balian Natural Mineral Water is recognized as the highest standard worldwide for bottled water, making it the first choice of water for connoisseurs and amateurs of organic food. Balian meets all the criteria and is certified as Natural Mineral Water under Indonesian National Standard (SNI 6242 2015) with reference to the international CODEX standard 108-1981.
Balian Natural Mineral Water certified as such with the 3 words Natural Mineral Water attached together in sequence can clearly be distinguished from ordinary drinking water and other mineral waters because:
- It is characterized by its content of certain mineral salts and their relative proportions and the presence of trace elements or of other constituents.
- It is obtained directly from natural or drilled sources from underground water bearing strata for which all possible precautions should be taken within the protected perimeters to avoid any pollution of, or external influence on, the chemical and physical qualities of natural mineral water;
- of the constancy of its composition and the stability of its discharge and its temperature, due account being taken of the cycles of minor natural fluctuations;
- it is collected under conditions which guarantee the original microbiological purity and chemical composition of essential components;
- it is bottled close to the point of emergence of the source with particular hygienic precautions;
- it is not subjected to any treatment other than those permitted by the standard.
Balian is bottled with particular hygienic precautions and without using any treatment to preserve its original and natural microbiological purity. Its low content of essential minerals and a neutral pH makes it the perfect choice of water to hydrate the body every day. According to World Health Organization (WHO), the minimum requirement for hydration on the average condition is 2 liter/day for an adult.